This tour lets you discover, through a pleasant walk, the most elegant squares of Rome. Rome is the most elegant city for a stroll in the evening. In fact, the evening walk is a Roman pastime know as the evening passegiata. The tour begins in Campo de ‘Fiori, which now houses a vibrant and distinctive market, but once was the site of public executions (the great philosopher Giordano Bruno was burned alive here, accused of heresy). We will continues on to the Piazza Navona, home to masterpieces of two geniuses of the Roman Baroque: the Fountain of the Four Rivers by Bernini and the Church of St. Agnes in Agony of Borromini. Along the way we will stop for a typical and delicious gelato and a stop at Rome’s most famous cafè, near the Pantheon. The area we visit is a sort of outdoor museum, as indeed the extraordinary concentration of works of art found here attests. We will stop and discover the glory of the Roman empire, the best preserved temple of the ancient world, the magnificent Pantheon, a temple dedicated to the Greek pantheon of gods and goddesses that has survived since 125 AD and is a true testimony to global humanism. The next stage will be the Trevi Fountain, probably the most famous and spectacular of the many fountains of Rome. And finally we arrive at the Spanish Steps, one of the most monumental urban scenes of Rome. Admire the famous “old boat” and go up the stairs leading to the church of Trinita dei Monti, which boasts one of the most fascinating views of the city. Of course your guide will have artistic and historical anecdotes along the way, ensuring a most memorable and unique walk in the heart of Rome.
This tour is also available during the daytime.
- Campo de’ Fiori, piazza Navona, piazza di Spagna, the Pantheon
- Beautiful Churches, famous fountains, impressive palaces
- Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, egyptian obelisks
- Part of the Jewish Ghetto and more, much more…
- Historical context of each site
- Facts and tales around each of the highlights visited
- Particular attention paid to the the “Rome of the Popes” and its protagonists
- The Lives Of Bernini, Borromini, the powerful families that rebuilt Rome
- A promise to have a dynamic, humorous, friendly and yet knowledgeable tour guide
- Group Tour : €39,00 (person)
- Private Tour : € 165,00 (per group)
- Group Tour: Every Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday (min 2ppl) at 5.30 pm
- Private Tour: Inquire Here
You may also like: